Can we get a mulligan on Halloween please?This is how the week of Halloween played out at our house:
Monday: All kids sick with fevers and coughs= no school
Tuesday: Still have the coughs and it hadn't been 24 hours without the fevers so still no school.
Wednesday: Sam goes to school with a cough, Will has 103 fever that won't break and Ben is still coughing. I make appointments with the Dr., get Samantha out of school and off we go the 3 miles to the Dr.. On that short drive we get charged by a BULL! Right before the bull, yes a real bull, hits our car it turns and runs down the road in front of us. (FYI the police had to put the bull down later that day)
The Dr. informs me that all 3 kids have bronchitis and double ear infections. Great, just what I wanted to hear with Halloween 3 days away!Thursday: Samantha and I had a girls night with her girl cousins, Aunt and Grandma. We saw Annie at a community theater. Samantha wanted to know where an orphanage was...hmmm don't know that one.
Friday: Ben had a party in his playgroup that morning. My mom and niece Abbey came with us. He was so proud of himself it was super cute.
Will hadn't been to school all week but he didn't have a fever and I didn't want him to miss his party. I should have just let him miss his party because when I got there with all the party supplies he said he wanted to go home and go to bed. :( We stayed for a few minutes to make sure that is what he wanted then we left.
He did make a super cute Captain Rex from Star Wars The Clone Wars. (He loves Star Wars right now.)Our next event was Samantha's Halloween parade. The boys were very patient as we waited
When Samantha said she wanted to be Santa this year I thought...that is so Sam. She is her own little person and we love it. Samantha also had a class party that pretty much sealed the deal on me not being room mother or being asked to help with any party ever again. Nothing like a disastrous craft to end the disaster week!
Finally Saturday came. We carved pumpkins. The kids did great and would have played with knives for hours if I could handle the mess. Dave blasted the soundtrack from Nightmare Before Christmas while he carved his pumpkin. I thought it was cute!Around 4:00 Dave informed that Will's fever was back.....R U serious...it is HALLOWEEN! What kid is sick when they are giving away free candy at every door?
My mother of the year solution....give him medicine and tell him to ride in the wagon. We are not missing this!
Turns out he walked the whole way and it was our little devil Superman that ended up being the LAZIEST trick-or-treater in the world. Ben HAD to ride in the wagon. It HAD to be pulled to the bottom of the steps and if Dave moved it 1 inch while Ben walked up to the door to get his candy he would SCREAM! Oh, how we loved trick-or-treating with such a joyful child!Better luck next year! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment