Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year we spent our THANKSGIVING holiday in Colorado with Dave's parents. It is always great to get away and we are THANKFUL they welcomed us into their home. The kids our THANKFUL for vacations because they get to do "fun things" everyday.

We visited the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. I forgot the camera and I am still so sad that we don't have pictures to document this fun day. I wasn't expecting to spend 4 hour inside and I am THANKFUL the kids were so pleasant for all 4 hours
Dave, Samantha, William and I went ice skating one afternoon. (Ben got to spend some one-on-one time with Nana & Papa so he didn't mind.)
I am THANKFUL no one got hurt and we all enjoyed the event. Samantha did get a blister and later that night asked if we could pray she never gets a blister again. I was thinking the same thing after all the drama skills she showed us over the blister.
On Thanksgiving Day while Ben was sleeping and Nana prepping the dinner the rest of us went on a walk around the lake.
I am THANKFUL no one broke through the ice as Dave and the kids were "testing" it quite often.

One of our kids favorite places to visit is the Railroad Museum. My only complaint is that it is across the street from the Coors brewing company so it doesn't smell that great.
I am THANKFUL that it was such great weather as we played on the trains.


We were able to spend a day with our Colorado McLay cousins. We went swimming and bowling with them.
I am THANKFUL our kids love all their cousins so much and are always excited to spend time with them.

I am THANKFUL that we returned safely and had a wonderful vacation. I have been so blessed with amazing kids and a wonderful husband. I LOVE vacations because we get to all be together all day. I am so THANKFUL to Dave's parents for making our trip so fun!

No comments: