Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Hiking We Will Go!

This is the view we have from our backyard. I am ashamed to say that it has taken us almost 7 years to hike up this mountain and tour the cave.

I think this sign is a joke. In my professional opinion it should state a warning that you will hate your hike up but ENJOY your hike down. I don't know what there is to enjoy about climbing 1,100 ft in 1.5 miles with 3 kids and temperatures in the 90's. However, once we made it to the cave it was awesome!

Samantha and Will did great and didn't complain to much. Ben just wanted Mom or Dad to carry him.

The cave system is 3 individual caves that are all connected.

Our kids loved having to maneuver around all the formations and getting dripped on inside the cave.

I don't think we will wait 7 years before we do it again. We had a great time despite the effort it took to reach our destination.

No comments: