Sunday, December 5, 2010

McLay's Giving Thanks

I don't want to sound ungrateful but if I am being honest I am glad Thanksgiving weekend is over. It was a crazy but fun few days that all started with MANNERS LUNCH!!

Samantha's class turned their classroom into a cafe and had a MANNERS lunch. She was so excited to get all dressed up and practice her manners. Since she is my child I was afraid she would get kicked out of the manners cafe not to mention that she was NOT happy when she left for school because I would not let her wear her baptism dress. I felt bad that I was crushing her dream but since they were drinking RED punch and had recess OUTSIDE in the MUD before and after their lunch, WHITE was not an option! She did get over her wardrobe issue and had a great day!

Our next major event was CHRISTMAS... Even though we had not yet celebrated Thanksgiving, the Harmer family was not going to be together for Christmas, so this year we had our gift exchange early.The picture above is my mom's famous don't talk to the hand pose, something all her children are familiar with!!

I have come to accept that my family is crazy...fun but crazy. This picture below with my nephews (Riley and Chad) "embracing" and my mom in the back not even phased by their actions is far to common with my family! (Heidi however, is enjoying the moment). Dave is sure we break all fire codes when we are together because there are so many people, but the more the merrier especially for Harmer CHRISTMAS!

After dinner it was presents, presents, and more presents. My parents insist on everyone opening the presents one at a time, so to get through all 38 presents took awhile.

Ben got some golf clubs he now uses as weapons! (Tara added a "beard" for effect).

Will got Star Wars Legos....Legos + Star Wars= HEAVEN for this boy!

Samantha got a Moxi snow girl and continues to make snow for the doll every week! (Tara was really bored today and added some more "graphics" to this one).

After presents Grandma taught the kids how to gamble with her version of quarters...we are so proud of our Mother! Samantha did win the "little kid"version and she is now rich!!
Thursday, we ate Thanksgiving dinner but I forgot to take pictures....boo! Ben did come over and throw up at the adult table while we were enjoying our meal. Maybe Samantha should teach him some manners.
Friday night, the family spent the night in the Little America hotel (in downtown SLC). Samantha and William wanted to stay for 10 days....Little America probably wanted us to stay for 10 minutes.
We went to Temple Square to see the lights. We wanted to see them turn on, but some people had to use the restroom so we missed the big moment, the lights still looked great though. The kids just wanted to get back and swim so they weren't too excited. After the lights, we swam, ate pizza, played games, and witnessed Ben throw up yet again!

My Dad took pity on the sick "baby" and held him while he slept on Saturday. I am sorry to say he doesn't get this treatment from his mom.
All in all it was a great but tiring HOLIDAY. My favorite part was that Dave had a week off of work and we could just hang out as a family. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and my cute kids. I am also thankful for all our family and all they do for us!

No comments: