Monday, February 2, 2009

Punxsutawney Phil

Punxsutawney Phil.....what can I say. I wanted spring to come but you had to ruin it for me. Samantha was excited though.....when Dave came home she said "Dad did you hear the news? The Groundhog saw his shadow...it is still winter!"

It was a sunny Groundhog Day in Pleasant Grove, Utah, but because it is still winter when it is nice outside there is so much crap in the air it is called a "Red Day". That means it is not safe to go outside and breath. So we spent our day inside yet again. The kids are getting creative in their indoor activities and the last few days the entertainment of choice has been sliding down the stairs!
Cute Will
Crazy Samantha

They invited our cute neighbor over to join in their fun! Kiley is a trooper and just goes along with their craziness. I will also add that Ben loves Kiley. He is always trying to hug her.

Ben didn't have a sleeping bag, don't get all edgy I wouldn't let him do it even if he did! He was just content to spin in circles on his bum. He might be a B-boy and join a dance crew!


One last item of business. A couple of years ago Will got an Elmo tool bench for Christmas. It does the normal Elmo things like talking and singing when you play with it. But latley it has gone crazy. I will be down stairs doing my thing and the kids down there with me and all of the sudden you hear.."Ha Ha Ha come and build with me". I don't have anything agains Elmo but when he blurts out comments about his work bench when no one is playing with it I get scared.




3 comments:

Brenda said...

Forgive me for doubting Phil's ability, but even if he didn't see his shadow, we still have 7 weeks before it's technically spring. Love the stair sliding! I totally did that at my grandma's when I was a kid. Slicky sleeping bags worked the best.

Christy said...

So much fun! You are the greatest mom! I love Ben's idea of fun. We had a talking big bird doll that did the same thing. We finally had to put it in the basement because it would start talking at night and wake us all up.

Megan said...

Fun! I wish my stairs weren't so steep and crazy so that my kids could do it without killing themselves. No wonder Kiley always wants to play at you rhouse and not ours.
She thinks it's so cool that Ben loves her!