Monday, August 24, 2009

Goblin Valley

My Dad had a death wish and wanted to go to GOBLIN VALLEY with the kids, Dave and I.
The kids and I had never been there so it was a new experience for us. It was also our first family camp out.This was our first climb. It was right behind our campsite.
My favorite thing about vacations is all the family time. I don't think I could ever get enough of being with Dave and the kids, and having my Dad along was an added bonus.

The first night we went into Goblin Valley at night with flashlights. We played hide and go seek which is really hard to play down there.


The scenery is so beautiful and Dave took great pictures of all the adventures.
My Dad watched Ben while Dave and I took Samantha and William into Little Wild Horse Canyon. This is a slot canyon so the kids loved climbing on all the rocks and kept posing for us.
The kids also collected rocks with the help of their Dad. It was great to have my Dad and Dave to educate the kids about the area, the rocks and how the Goblins are formed.
We took the kids back to the valley during the day so they could get a better look at how amazing it is. They loved all the "pathways" between the goblins.
Right after we took this picture Will fell down the side of the mountain. He did a couple rolls to the bottom cried a little then started running all over again.



So there were a couple of negatives about the trip. 1. It was 100+ degrees. So we made our own water park in the showers at the campground. They really need a pool there! 2. There was a wind storm. This made our second night a little crazy and stressed Samantha out a little.

Besides those 2 things it was great and I am sure we will go again...just not this week!

2 comments:

Christy said...

We love going to Goblin Valley! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Megan said...

Looks like fun, the pics are all great! kiley missed Sam and is glad you guys are back...so are we! : )