Will got the Confidence To Take Action award at school last month. His teacher chose him because he has to work so hard each day at school and never complains. I was so proud of him. I am always proud of my kids but I see how hard Will tries at school and I am so proud of him and his positive attitude.
Will just recently started asking my what makes him special at school and why does he get to go to the "other"classes. Every time he asks my heart breaks that he has to face these trials and I can't make it better. I think nothing is worse as a mother then watching your child struggle and know you can't make it all better.
I love him so much and am so happy that he was recognized for all his hard work.
Mom and Dad love you so much Will. Keep working hard and know that we are all so proud of you.
Samantha, in true Samantha drama fashion, let us know how unfair this was because she has gone to school for 3 year and she never gets the award. She said "I know Will has to work really hard and school isn't easy for him but it is just not fair." Dave and I just laughed because she is getting an award next month. We love Samantha but I fear for her teenage years :)





1 comment:
I am so with you on answering those questions about the special classes. Frequently, Drew asks me why he can't do what the other kids are doing and once told me he was sure he was the dumbest kid in the school. Totally breaks my heart and makes me want to move to an island with just the 4 of us so he doesn't have to see the differences.
Post a Comment