I grew up with a themed Christmas tree. The theme....ceramic mice in different Christmas poses made at Hartvigsen, a special needs school. I think in this day and age it would be called a sweatshop. My mom would buy the ornaments and prepare them for painting, she would paint them, sometimes we would get to paint one, then we would spray them in the garage and up on the tree they went.Dave grew up with a Christmas tree decorated with every ornament him or his brothers ever made and ones they had collected from different locations.
When we got married we didn't agree on the Christmas tree subject. I wanted the theme tree Dave wanted the hodgepodge tree. So we avoided it all together and since we weren't ever home on Christmas we didn't have a tree until we had Samantha.
I finally gave into Dave and our tree consists of ornaments the kids have gotten from their Grandparents, ones we have made, ones we have collected from our travels and of course Spiderman, Batman, Si
mpsons, Spongebob and the leg lamp.I am grateful we don't have the themed mice tree since our tree gets decorated and redecorated everyday. We would have broken mice all over the floor.
Dave and I put the tree up while the kids were asleep to avoid them causing extra stress to the project. Then when they got up Sam and Will put up all the ornaments on by themselves. They did get a stool this year so they are some high and low. Last year they were all in the middle and bottom of the tree. Sam said this is good times, good times. Will said it was the most wonderful day! Please notice the ornament stuck to the star...the only way that could have gotten there is if at some time it was airborne. Also the kids were sporting their Royal Knights shirts again because of Jace's game!








4 comments:
You are so good to let the kids help! I totally do it myself every year. I am such a fun Mom :-)
That is exactly how every activity ends at our house, I am glad it's not just us.
Cute tree, ours gets redecorated everyday too. Yey for Christmas trees. : )
I clicked your blog on my computer just so I can enjoy your Christmas music. You've got all my favorite songs.
I remember going to pick up the ceramics in your parent's huge stationwagon. I think my mom still has some of the decorations.
Post a Comment