Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

There are so many things I am thankful for my family, our house, and Dave having the week off! It has been so fun and relaxing for me to have him here. He has been a great help with our little devil Ben!

Ben doesn't sleep. I have said that before and I know you all think I am exaggerating but, it is getting annoying. I don't know if he likes having one on one time with either Dave or I or if he likes the crap we feed him just to keep him entertained. Whatever the reason the kid can function on 3 hours of sleep just fine. He went two nights in a row without having his little party and I was so hopeful that he would change his ways. No luck, last night he was up again!

We started our festivities with a Thanksgiving party at Will's school. Will was so excited to have his Dad come to his school. Will is a Daddy's boy. This whole week he will go get a toy and then come and sit next to Dave and play with it. It is so cute!


Thanksgiving day was spent with Dave working all morning, bowling and then the feast. We bowled on Thanksgiving last year so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year. However, Ben was so tired and Will wanted to be Mr. Independent and anytime someone helped him he would cry. Besides the crying boys we did have fun. Dave won overall, of course, but the McLay's did lose to the Smith Family. Sam is becoming quite the bowler. She puts her fingers in the holes and throws the ball all by herself. No bumpers or anything! As I was watching her I was worried I was going to lose to a 6 year old!


This year Thanksgiving was with the Harmer family. Since Heidi and Holly took their families to Royal City to watch Jace's football game our gathering was small. Our meal was delicious and the day pretty uneventful. Sam and Will played some games and did some crafts with Scott's and Kelle's kids but that was about it! We like peaceful gatherings since they are rare in the Harmer family!

Samantha is still trying to be a comedian. Now when she or someone else in the family says something that is supposed to be funny she will say, "No one is Laughing". I did make her laugh though when I accidentally swallowed her capsule that turns into a sponge bear. I thought it was my medication!

No comments: