Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pioneer Day

One of the benefits of living in Utah is the Pioneer Day celebration! Since the Japanese don't celebrate the wild and crazy pioneer holiday Dave had to work. He was truly missed during our LONG day.

The city where my parents live has a Pioneer celebration so we joined some of my family for a parade, family fun entertainment and fireworks.

My cute nieces were strutting their stuff in the parade.

My older and wiser sister armed her 5 boys with water bottles. I thought they were dangerous until I saw the look on Samantha's face in this picture as she is aiming at her innocent younger cousin.

My kids LOVE their cousins and they are all so cute with them. Look at the 20+ cousins loving my kids!
My Dad is suffering from a back injury and was not able to join us at the parade. A few months ago he received this Best Of State medal for Utah's Best Appointed Official. So being the true comedians we are in my family my niece wore it in the parade in his honor.
Then I took over as the Best of State Comedian!
After the parade we had a BBQ, went to the city festivals and ended the day with fireworks.

1 comment:

Katelyn Michael said...

HAHAHAHAHA! WE ARE SO CUTE! Good thing i know how to rock a cow girl hat : D LOVE YOU! I love that we represented GPa with his Gold.