Today is my Mom's Birthday! I have such an amazing Mom. She is my mothering idol. I don't know how she raised 6 kids, kept a clean house and made dinner every night. I am amazed by how involved she is with her children and grandchildren. I hope on day I can be like her! I love you mom and hope you have a great day!

I find myself wondering...
Did I give you your due..
For all that you've done for me
Did I ever thank you?
For all of my childhood memories
For helping me deal with life's stresses
For helping me accept my defeats
And celebrate my successes?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work,
Good judgement, courage, and being true
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared
Did I ever thank you?
If I have forgotten, I'm thanking you now
You taught me right from wrong....
I hope you know how much you're loved and appreciated
I hope you, instinctively, knew all along.
Did I give you your due..
For all that you've done for me
Did I ever thank you?
For all of my childhood memories
For helping me deal with life's stresses
For helping me accept my defeats
And celebrate my successes?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work,
Good judgement, courage, and being true
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared
Did I ever thank you?
If I have forgotten, I'm thanking you now
You taught me right from wrong....
I hope you know how much you're loved and appreciated
I hope you, instinctively, knew all along.
My got together to celebrate the event at my brother's house. We had a great party and I am sure it left my Mom wondering why she had so many kids. Oh wait, I know, she was trying to get a perfect child and it took 6 attempts to reach perfection!






3 comments:
Are you the perfect child?! Anyway, happy Birthday Marilyn! You do have a perfect Mom!
How sweet is this... You're right, you do have a perfect mom! Happy Birthday marilyn...
I LOVE THE G-MA! What a great woman. Sweet Post Deareast Auntie
Post a Comment