Needless to say a few events have passed since my last entry. I had a girls night out with my friends from high school which was so fun. We made a promise on our senior trip in Mazatlan that we would get together often as our lives went on. That didn't happen but, we are going to be better about it. Mindi brought pictures and we loved to be reminded of our outstanding fashion and crazy adventures.
I also went to lunch with my parents, sister-in-law and sisters, except Lisa, for Heidi's birthday! It is hard to get everyone together because my sisters are all really busy but, it is fun to see them for 30 minutes! It is also great to spend time with my parents! I still don't know how they raised 6 kids. I struggle with my 3.We did some fun things as a family this past weekend. Sara and Abbey came to visit, which we love, and we went swimming and had our annual trip to pumpkin land. It was fun to go swimming since we haven't been since early September. Samantha was her fishy self and had bright red eyes 30 minutes into the adventure. She doesn't like goggles and obviously doesn't like to shut her eyes under water as well. Will is getting a little more daring in the water but still likes to stay where he can touch. He made me so happy when he told Dave he had to go potty while we were swimming. Ben was not feeling well so he wasn't his crazy self. He still had us laughing a couple of times and made a couple of girlfriends with the lifeguards.
Each year we go to pumpkin land to get our pumpkins. This year it wasn't as fun for the kids as it has been in the past so it might be the last year. We did have fun though. We went through the corn maze and found the secret word. Then Dave wanted to sell the secret word to people as they entered the maze. We made it through the chickens and bunnies without getting bit except Dave he got bit on purpose. The kids loved the jump house and I was glad Abbey was there so she could climb up and help Will do the last part of the climbing wall. The kids also loved the pumpkin slide and the playground. Dave suggested Will slide under his legs as he went down one of the slides and Will looked like he got shot out of the cannon and landed right on his bum a few feet away from the slide. Then it was through the lighted alley which has Christmas lights, Thanksgiving lights and Halloween lights, Dave and I think they are stretching it, and off to pick the pumpkins. I told the kids they could only pick one they could carry. They needed a little help understanding that they needed one that they would sit up right and we could carve a face on, but overall they did great! Since then Will has asked if he can cut his pumpkin several times. I am afraid if I turn my back on him he is going to cut his pumpkin himself.

A few things that stand out in my mind from the weekend are Samantha saying "oh great there are spanish people in there" as we approached Baskin Robbins. Will saying sit because it sounds lke sh**! I admit that we do ask him to say it often becasue it is so funny. Ben trying to help fold laundry but instead dipping Will's underwear in the toilet. I love my cute family!









2 comments:
Your family is so cute it was good to see some pictures of your cute mom and dad and sisters.
Isn't it funny, computers are a necessity! I am glad you got yours back. It feels good to sneak away here and blog a little. Hope our fish are being good. : )
Post a Comment