Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am thankful for my family

I was reminded once again how quickly life can change and how I need to take every opportunity to appreciate my husband, kids.and other family members. My cousin was in a car accident that resulted in the loss of her child and injured herself and most of her other children. Thus my kids have gotten away with a lot the last couple of days.


I was cleaning up the bag of potato chips Ben dumped on our floor and kept hearing a horn honk. I was asking myself who keeps honking their horn. It was my Ben honking our horn with the car keys and probably irritating all the neighbors. He also managed to push and empty box over to the kids desk crawl onto the box then onto the chair and then stood on top on the desk and scream for someone to get him down!

I asked Samantha and William to take somethings up to their rooms. Samantha walked by me and said "I look like the dump". Today as we were walking in the house after putting Will on the bus and she said "I am so proud of that big boy for riding the bus and not being scared". Samantha also let us know that she is not popular. I asked her what popular meant and she said when you have a butler. Poor kid I don't think she will ever be popular.
Today was my first day volunteering in Samantha's classroom. It went well except for when I heard Sam tell some boy wearing a BYU T-shirt that her Dad says you shouldn't like BYU!
I was also lucky enough to receive a exclusive Samantha McLay updo. She said I look fabulous like I just got my hair done in Mexico. First of all she has never been to Mexico so how would she know what you look like when you get your hair done in Mexico and second I have had my hair done in Mexico and it took half as long, hurt half and much and I wasn't embarrassed for people to see me!

Ben is the star of the show for Samantha and William, most of the time. They are both so protective of him and being the youngest myself, I know he will never grow out of this. Samantha and William turned an empty box into a bus for Benjamin and they pulled him from bus stop to bus stop all morning. They drew a stirring wheel and windows on the sides then gave him a drink and dumped some food in it for him. He was pretty content to play their little game for awhile!
We haven't had good luck with pictures the past couple of months. Samantha had her school pictures taken and when they came back she looked like she was going to do some serious bodily harm to someone. Two days before retakes she cut he forehead. On the morning of retakes I tried to put makeup (yes I do own some) on the cut. It started to bleed and I couldn't get it to stop. I resulted to paying them to airbrush the cut! We are going to have family pictures taken and Samantha took it upon herself to stamp her and the boys with a blue stamp all over! While I was scrubbing it off Will Ben opened the screen door and escaped into the backyard and would scream if you went near him to bring him in. The neighbors were probably looking out their windows to see if they needed to call child protective services.

Will cracks us up with his singing in the car. He tells you what song to stop on and then tries to sing along. It is pretty entertaining. Dave says it is pretty sad when at 4 he sings better than his mom! We think that Will might be the only child that asks to go to sleep. This starts around 7, earlier on school days, and makes the last hour and a half of his day really long for his parents. You have to keep him distracted or he will whine for sleep! A kid after my own heart!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Tara, you are so cute. I loved reading this post! You sound like such a great mom.