Samantha is full of crazy comments and you never know when they are going to come out. Over the weekend we went to Baskin Robbins. Samantha got out of the car and headed for the entrance. As I got out I saw a lady sitting by the door smoking and my mothering instincts kicked it. I knew she was going to say something to the lady and I knew what it was. I yelled to her but she kept on walking, she is good at that, so I ran to stop her before she got to the lady. I got to her right as she said "your going to die" and walked right in. That is our little Sam! She was so proud of herself the last couple of days for making her room "sparkling clean". When she first told me she made it sparkling clean I thought oh great she put body glitter all over. I was wrong she did clean it and she even decorated and entrance to her room. I just hope she doesn't light candles and start worshiping the Kung Fu Panda characters because they look kind of like idols sitting there to me! .So I have been putting off the potty training thing for Will for a long time...obviously. I have so many excuses that I shouldn't start listing them. One of my many is that he is SO strong willed, I don't know where he gets it from. I need to repent though because he has been doing great. He wants to go on dates with his Dad like Samantha and buy a skateboard so those are his rewards. I told him he could have a skateboard after a few days of going potty and he wanted to know if I had money to buy it because when we were at Toys' R Us getting Sam's skateboard I told him he couldn't get anything because we didn't have money. He was pretty much saying I am not going to do this Mom unless you can actually get the skateboard! He is being so funny about it. He has superman underwear and I tell him to not pee on superman. Then he wants to know if Superm
an goes potty, and what his potty looks like. My mom called to give him some encouragement and he wanted her to come and see him go potty. I told him she was on a trip and would come when she got home. Then he wanted to know if there were pottys on trip and if he could go potty in an airplane. Keep your fingers crossed! Will and I went on what he calls a mommy date last night. When Dave takes Sam on her dates we go grocery shopping. He talks the whole time we are gone and I love it. Even though I can't understand some of it I am so proud of him! When your child struggles with something and they make progress in that area the joy is undefinable.
an goes potty, and what his potty looks like. My mom called to give him some encouragement and he wanted her to come and see him go potty. I told him she was on a trip and would come when she got home. Then he wanted to know if there were pottys on trip and if he could go potty in an airplane. Keep your fingers crossed! Will and I went on what he calls a mommy date last night. When Dave takes Sam on her dates we go grocery shopping. He talks the whole time we are gone and I love it. Even though I can't understand some of it I am so proud of him! When your child struggles with something and they make progress in that area the joy is undefinable.
Ben is our crazy baby! He is always making the kids laugh. I put him in bed with Samantha to wake her up because then she wakes up laughing. He also loves the attention he gets when the kids laugh at him. He thinks if he leans his forehead into you that you will kiss it. Most people don't expect this so he ends up headbutting everyone! He did well getting his blood drawn. It is hard to find a vein in his chubby body but it only took 2 attempts which is great since the first time it took 14! We get his results back next week and hopefully he has made some new blood cells and created some vitamin B! I think I might have them switch his shots for something that makes him sleep through the night!







1 comment:
Tara - your kiddos are so cute! Hey, I'm giving you props on the pottying. I just trained Treyson this summer (he was 4 1/2). Just find what works and keep plugging along. It's great Will is talking so much! Way to go!
Post a Comment