FREE CANDY!
What could be better? The day finally came and it came too early. Samantha had to be to school an hour and 15 minutes earlier than usually. Mornings are not our thing so this was a huge task. When I woke her up she said, "I have to go to school at night?". Halloween was also my first room mother school party. I have been nervous about this event since this is our first child in school. It went really well and all the kids were great! We had some games, a craft, stories and a parade. I think Sam liked seeing me at school because she kept saying hey mom! She did look cute dressed up as a clown however, next year we will pick a costume without a wig....it itches!
Dave still wasn't feeling well so he spent the morning at the doctor. Where in my over exagerated opinion he had he middle section of his finger removed. So the pain from the removal combined with his lingering inless made him sicker than I have seen him in our eight years of marriage.
Sam's school over, Dave's finger on the mend, now off to Will's school! Samantha and I joined Will at his school. Before trick-or-treating this was the highlight of Samantha's day because instead of an hour party he had a 3 hour party! Will was so cute to take her hand and show her where to sit and get her snacks. I was so proud of them. His teacher said "They get along so well..that must be so fun." I wish they got along so well all the time! We played outside, danced, ate, painted, went to the library for a story, had a parade and sang. No wonder he is so tired when we comes home from school. He looked so handsome as police officer Will.
You would think that would be enough excitment for one day. Yet the best was yet to come the free candy! The kids kept asking when they could go trick or treating since I told them it was after their schools. They were pretty restless but who can blame them. When we couldn't contain them anymore and off we went trick-or-treating. They were running at first, then it went to walking, next Will gave me his bucket to carry, after that Sam kept wanting to take her wig off, soon they started in on I'm thirsty's and then we were home. Through the whole event Ben sat cute as ever in the stroller and hardly made a sound. He can be such a good baby sometimes! The end results...way too much candy but lots of fun!


After we got home Sam sat on the porch and called Trick or treat to all passers by and handed out the candy. She was cracking me up as I listened to her from inside. She would say things like your costume looks great, you guys have a great Halloween, and be safe. Our neighbor was teasing her and kept coming to get candy from her. She came in the house and got a magnadoodle at one point and I thought she was just getting something to play with. I then noticed she had written "NO CORY" (the neighbor's name) on it and placed it in the window!
What could be better? The day finally came and it came too early. Samantha had to be to school an hour and 15 minutes earlier than usually. Mornings are not our thing so this was a huge task. When I woke her up she said, "I have to go to school at night?". Halloween was also my first room mother school party. I have been nervous about this event since this is our first child in school. It went really well and all the kids were great! We had some games, a craft, stories and a parade. I think Sam liked seeing me at school because she kept saying hey mom! She did look cute dressed up as a clown however, next year we will pick a costume without a wig....it itches!Dave still wasn't feeling well so he spent the morning at the doctor. Where in my over exagerated opinion he had he middle section of his finger removed. So the pain from the removal combined with his lingering inless made him sicker than I have seen him in our eight years of marriage.
Sam's school over, Dave's finger on the mend, now off to Will's school! Samantha and I joined Will at his school. Before trick-or-treating this was the highlight of Samantha's day because instead of an hour party he had a 3 hour party! Will was so cute to take her hand and show her where to sit and get her snacks. I was so proud of them. His teacher said "They get along so well..that must be so fun." I wish they got along so well all the time! We played outside, danced, ate, painted, went to the library for a story, had a parade and sang. No wonder he is so tired when we comes home from school. He looked so handsome as police officer Will.
You would think that would be enough excitment for one day. Yet the best was yet to come the free candy! The kids kept asking when they could go trick or treating since I told them it was after their schools. They were pretty restless but who can blame them. When we couldn't contain them anymore and off we went trick-or-treating. They were running at first, then it went to walking, next Will gave me his bucket to carry, after that Sam kept wanting to take her wig off, soon they started in on I'm thirsty's and then we were home. Through the whole event Ben sat cute as ever in the stroller and hardly made a sound. He can be such a good baby sometimes! The end results...way too much candy but lots of fun!


After we got home Sam sat on the porch and called Trick or treat to all passers by and handed out the candy. She was cracking me up as I listened to her from inside. She would say things like your costume looks great, you guys have a great Halloween, and be safe. Our neighbor was teasing her and kept coming to get candy from her. She came in the house and got a magnadoodle at one point and I thought she was just getting something to play with. I then noticed she had written "NO CORY" (the neighbor's name) on it and placed it in the window!









1 comment:
CUTE! We enjoyed Sam handing us our candy! I am still a little freaked out by her face paint! :)
Post a Comment