Halloween is one of my favorite holidays but pumpkin carving is my least favorite part of Halloween. Those of you who know me will know why.....it is way to messy. However, once you have children you just have to take a lot of Prozac and go at it. Dave is the master pumpkin carver in our family but he was sick on this day so he wasn't feeling the pumpkin carving love!
Samantha and Will had chosen how they wanted their pumpkins carved on the computer earlier in the week. Samantha wanted a scary pumpkin and Will wanted Thomas the tank.
Samantha did great. Dave helped her get some of the seeds out and taped her pattern on and off she went. She did such a great job. I was very impressed. Yet another talent that comes from her Dad! Will took some seeds out of his. I taped the pattern on and off I went. Will kept saying "Mom, I do it. I strong." I kept saying "Just a minute Will". In the end. I carved Thomas the tank and Will watched.
After the kids were hosed off and asleep for the night my wonderful husband very politely set me straight in my over parenting of Will. Thus, the next morning while Sam was at school Will carved Ben's pumpkin all by himself. He was so proud of himself and I was disappointed that I had taken that opportunity away from him. Thanks Dave for pointing out how we can help our children gain self confidence.
The pumpkins all looked great and Samantha even made a point to carve one for Bob the pet fish. We were just missing one from Dave. Last year he did a barfing pumpkin and the kids loved it. This year he didn't even feel well enough to make sick pumpkin.








No comments:
Post a Comment